Certain providers offering CELITECH eSIM give their travelers the option of checking their balance and adding a top up to their initial eSIM. Please check that with your provider.
It's also possible to check consumption/balance directly from your device:
- On iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular (or Mobile Data) > Scroll down to see "Current Period" consumption (you can scroll to the very bottom to see what is exactly "Current Period")
- On Android devices:
- Open your phone's Settings
- Tap Network & internet > Internet (or SIMs for Google Pixel)
- Next to your carrier, tap Settings
- At the top you'll see how much total data you used
To avoid consuming your travel data on mobile app updates, we recommend keeping background app refresh on Wi-Fi only. On iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > At the top, Select "Wi-Fi" only.